YOGA & MEDITATION RETREAT
Join me for Udaya's SECOND Women’s Only, Yoga and Meditation Retreat. Open yourself up to the alchemy of a sacred pause. Fully commit yourself to the enlightening experience of vegan food, mindfulness activities, yoga, meditation and self-exploration during my three-day, two night escape at serene Camp Shabbona Woods in South Holland on August 3rd-5th 2018
Located just outside of Chicago, at Camp Shabbona Woods in South Holland IL, this all-inclusive three days, 2 nights women’s retreat is designed to help you unwind, deepen your yoga practice, and enjoy the beautiful outdoors.
Book Early! This retreat will sell out quickly as the group size is capped at 16.
Camp Shabbona is nestled in the forest preserve, and the perfect place for a sacred pause as we practice yoga & mediation, take a meditive day-hike to self reflect and nourish ourselves with vegan meals. Udaya women’s yoga retreat offers you the opportunity to deepen your yoga & meditation practice, recharge your soul, and find greater gratitude; an opportunity to shine your light and share your love for self on and off the mat.
A woman in harmony with her spirit is like a river flowing. She goes where she will without pretense and arrives at her destination prepared to be herself and only herself.
Meet Your Host
RASHIDAT OWE, RYT 200
Rashidat founded Udaya Yoga & Meditation Retreats while living in Thailand in 2017 as a way to not only share her love of yoga, meditation, travel & adventure, but as a way to cultivate intention, courage and grace in her students. She hopes her attendees will leave her retreats with a feeling of purpose and with the ability to invite their intention into all aspects of their lives. She encourages her students to be conscious creators… to have the courage to take risks (both big and small), the courage to listen deeply to their body, to their gut, to their heart and the grace to “roll with the punches” on their unique path we call life.
UDAYA WOMENS YOGA & MEDITATION RETREAT
Friday August 3rd - August 5, 2018
Udaya Women’s Yoga Retreat Includes:
Three Days & Two nights in a large shared cabin that sleeps eight
All Meals (2 B, 1 L, 2 D)
Journaling & Visualization
Silent time to reflect
Back to Nature Women’s Yoga Retreat Excludes:
Transportation to/from Campsite
Hard Alcohol and Beer
Bathrooms inside cabins (there are nice showers and restrooms in common area)
Women’s Yoga Retreat Pricing Per Person:
$399.00 which pays for your 3 day, 2 night stay in a large cabin that sleeps 8 twin size beds.
Book Your UDAYA Women’s Yoga Retreat Now!
Udaya Women’s Yoga Retreat in Illinois
August 3-5th, 2018
Student Health Liability Waiver pdf
Udaya Women’s Yoga Retreat Reservation Form: Illinois, May 2018
Reserve a Spot By Paying Your
50% Non-Refundable Deposit Now.
Balance due July 27, 2018.
Udaya Women’s Yoga & meditation Retreat Reservations and Payment Information
To reserve your spot contact Rashidat through our contact form to confirm room availability, fill out the Student Health and Liability Waiver, the Retreat Registration Form and send your non-refundable deposit or pay for your retreat in full.
Payment plans are available upon request. 50% non-refundable deposit holds your place; full payment due by July 27, 2018.
Udaya Yoga Retreat Payment, Refund & Cancellation Policy:
The deposit amount is non-refundable. However, if you can find someone to fill your space the non-refundable deposit can be transferred to another individual.
If written Notice of Cancellation is received at least 30 days prior to the retreat start date the full amount paid less the non-refundable deposit will be refunded.
If written Notice of Cancellation is received within 30 days of retreat start date there will be no refund granted.
If Rashidat Owe must cancel the retreat due to illness, death, or extenuating circumstances 100% of money paid to Rashidat Owe of Udaya Yoga will be refunded within 30 days of retreat cancellation. Udaya Yoga and associates are not responsible for guests’ costs & expenses incurred in preparation for any canceled retreats.
Final payment must be received by 7/27/18 unless otherwise authorized by Rashidat Owe or any associates.
udaya Women’s Yoga Retreat Travel Information
Travel Routes and Travel Tips
Flying into Chicago Illinois
The following airports to fly into Chicago
Midway Airport (MDW)
O'hare International Airport (ORD)
I created us a private UDAYA facebook group. Join to stay updated and you can connect & build relationships with other women who will be attending the retreat.
Arrival and Departure Information
Arrival Please plan on arriving at the Camp Shabbona Woods Retreat no later than 4:30pm on the opening day. You may arrive as early as 3:00pm.
Departure - When arranging your travel please do not schedule flights, etc. before noon on your day of departure. **It is possible to stay an extra day before or after the retreat.**
Travel Insurance is not required. I do recommend travel insurance for those who will be flying into MDW or ORD. Travel insurance may protect against missed flights, cancellations, injuries, etc.
If you are a citizen of a country other than the US please contact your local embassy for visa requirements.
UDAYA Women’s Yoga Retreat General Information and FAQ
1. Where is the Retreat being held? Camp Shabbona Forest Preserve. It’s 45 minutes outside of Chicago, Illinois in the town of South Holland.
2. I have a couple of dietary restrictions. Will I be accommodated? We will do our best to accommodate all dietary restrictions. Please let us know ahead of time, so we can plan accordingly. Do I need to bring my own food? You don’t need to bring any food with you. All meals and beverages are included. If you know that you wake up hungry and need a snack before morning practice you may want to bring a couple of Lara Bars or similar with you.
3. May I pick my roommate? Yes, please let us know your preferred roommate on your retreat registration form.
4. What are the cabins like? The cabins accommodates eight people on bunk beds. Includes ceiling fan and porch, as well as picnic table and fire ring with grate.
5. I’m worried about the hike. Will it be too challenging? The hike will be easy in intensity. You should plan on hiking at a rate of about 2 mph.
6. What should I pack for the Udaya women’s yoga & meditation retreat? Pack like you are spending the night at a friends house. There are NO bathrooms inside the cabins. Bring a robe, flip flops, towels, soap, a blanket and feminine products.The days will probably be warm, while the nights cool. You will want comfy clothes that don’t restrict movement for yoga. No need to bring anything fancy. No need for make-up or hair products either. You will want to bring a light jacket/rain jacket depending on weather. You will also want to pack comfortable hiking shoes/boots that you have already broken in. You may also want to pack a camera.
7. Is there drinking water available? Yes, Each room will have a cooler with ice & water. I encourage everyone to bring a refillable water bottle to use throughout the retreat and especially during the hike.
8. Do I need to bring my own props and mat? Please bring a yoga mat. If you have a meditation cushion or bolster you may like to bring that along too.
9. When is full payment due? Final payment is due by July 27, 2018.
10. When is my deposit due? Your non-refundable deposit is due at reservation signing.
11. Is my deposit refundable? No, the deposit is not refundable. If you can fill your space you will be able to transfer your deposit to that individual.
12. I am new to yoga. Will this retreat be a good fit? The yoga classes taught will be all-levels. I will emphasize modifications to make postures more accessible and/or more challenging.
13. What type of yoga will be taught? First evening: Gentle Flow followed by a few restorative/yin postures and a brief guided meditation. First Morning: All Levels Energizing Vinyasa Flow. Second Evening: Gently Flow followed by a more restorative Yin practice. Sunday: Energizing Vinyasa Flow. Two workshops will also be taught: Foundations of Yoga and Intro to Meditation.
14.Will meditation be taught? Yes, meditation will be taught throughout the weekend. The first morning Rashidat will lead an Intro to Meditation Workshop that will include mantra & breath meditation. There will also be time to practice meditation on your own.
15. Anything else I should know? This retreat is designed to let you completely unplug from the outside world. No phones, computers, etc. Each day we will get a chance to show up an be present without outside distractions.
16. Is there Wifi/ Cell Service? Cell service is spotty, but present. There is no Wifi at the Retreat.
17. Is there electricity in the cabins? All of the cabins, have electricity.
18. How is the weather in May? In May you can count on cool/warm days (66-74° F) and cool nights (45-52°F). The chance of rain during this time of year is slim, but it is Chicago! I encourage you to check the weather forecast before you leave home.
19. Is gratuity included in the Udaya women’s yoga & meditation retreat? Gratuity is included in your rate. In previous years guests have wanted to show their appreciation by offering additional gratuity; if you feel inclined an extra $5-$15 would be adequate.
Need more information?
Don’t hesitate to contact Rashidat via our contact form if you have questions about the women’s yoga retreat. If you’re in the South Holland area I would love to set up a time to get coffee or tea and answer any questions you may have. Please reach out via email.